Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Shopping, doctors, air conditioners and carts...

Last night was a time of great fellowship -- in my mind! I offered our futon and air conditioned apartment for any of the ECC fellowship in need of a cool space to sleep. Wasn't that sweet of me?

Then the A/C froze up. So I've spent the day trying to figure out why a new window unit would play games during my well intentioned intensions. Nevermind. Its defrozen and working again.

And it is hotter outside.

Yesterday was spent establishing doctors and labs. Step one accomplished in that department. Steps 400 to go...

Raymon has taken the Bennett kids to a summer activity and shopping while I was to do the same here. Well, I braved the A/C and then tramped outside with shopping cart in hand. (Oh yes, one wheels a sturdy shopping cart on the streets of NY while shopping lest your arms give out. The movies leave that part out. Swinging Macys and Blommingdale bags skyward doesn't happen very often, nor does one emerge from a taxi while shopping...ever.)

Where was I, oh yes, tramping in the heat a la shopping cart. Declared defeat and scurried back home. Shopping in this area for anything other than groceries really isn't a great idea, most things are overpriced and understocked. Internet shopping or bus ride and delivery is the way to go. It just takes time, particularly if you have to take something back.

Oh, I thought we were getting off too easy...saw a roach last night. The NYC variety are thinner, longer and less roach-looking that our Texas house breed. But a roach is a roach. Til we meet again dear roach family, you aint heard the last from me...

God is good folks. We are beyond blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment