Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shhhh -- It Snowed!

On the evening of February 8, 2012, it actually snowed in NYC, Inwood. I know, I was here! Oh, yes it has snowed earlier like that freak blizzard in October or the one time I was out-of-town.

Nope, it has been a shockingly mild winter here. In Texas too. I know, I was there! When we left here it was 42 degrees. When we landed there, it was 42 degrees. That's a sweater and jacket for me, short sleeves for hubby. But then while in Texas, we roamed about in 60 - 70's.  Back in NYC, it still in the 50's with a few cool days thrown in for good measure.

The real reason I mention all this winter stuff is preparation. Coats, boots, shoes, umbrellas, rain hats, scarves, gloves, extra towels and blankets, guest comforters and extra raincoats. We purchased all of these things in anticipation of our first New York winter.


Who knows when winter will hit.

After all, the earthquake and hurricane happened in the same week!




No comments:

Post a Comment