Saturday, November 19, 2011

Super Surpise by Friends and New Yorker... and no so much by fingers

Yesterday a surprise overnight visit from a friend, Cindy, resulted in an amazing journey through our NYC neighborhoods, memories and a special favorite--street food. But Cindy had a treat up her sleeve. She insisted on taking us to the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular! And who are we to refuse???

Time cut her trip short so she got tickets for us to go later. And by now dear reader, you have learned every thing becomes a story with us! Our ticket clerk was eating Reese peanut butter candy when we came up. Hand over mouth, she gestured for us to wait. I giggled that only if she gave us some candy too would we wait! Immediately she hustled over to her stash. Likewise, we were screaming, nooooooo--kidding---but she was having as much fun as we were. And of course the line for tickets had not grown any shorter.

Speaking of shorter, lets bring this adventure to a close. She gave us a discount on the tickets and we are going to see the show next Monday.

New Yorkers are so full of life, they love doing things for other folks.

On another subject, not so much fun, why does drying fingernail polish take longer watching a pot of water to boil?

This fabulous Passion Pink shade drying on my too short nails has finally had the ultimate in drying technique. Most of you know this one. After waiting plenty of time, we get thirsty, go to the frig, open the door, bump a nail and a white chip appears.

Well, of course I did this. And of course I proceeded to the ultimate treatment. Using the back of my tongue to push the remaining not-yet-cured polish over the chip. It is vital not to use the taste bud side.
Enough color moved over to cover the white, not the hole of course. But I don't care. I am not redoing this.

(I am typing with wet nails. I am far too impatient to wait any longer.)

I do hope to see the Rocketts with dry fingernails.

No comments:

Post a Comment