Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Getting To The Good Stuff

Today was my first meeting with Bible Study Fellowship in NYC.

After taking the A train to 125 Street, transferring to the C, going to 79th Street, going up top and catching the cross town M 79 bus, I enjoyed a beautiful ride through Central Park. Then I alighted amid Manhattanites going about their morning rituals on Madison Ave. and 79th Street.

Walking south to 73rd, it was a glorious morning. And then I hit the filming signs. No, the actual filming to be correct.

It had to happen. One cannot live in NYC without stumbling over a live TV set in the streets. I did today. After going around the lighting, through the crew and tripping among the cast (I think) I was able to get to BSF.

I'd never heard of the show. None of the ladies at BSF had either. The show must be televised in a different market.

I love the line in "League of Their Own" regarding baseball where Tom Hanks says "If it were easy, everyone would do it".

Today should have been hard like that. But today was more rewarding than hard, like extra paper around the candy, a moment's delay before the good stuff.





2 comments: