Thursday, April 26, 2012

It was a fasinating experience, one I suggest that some of you would never enjoy, entertain, contemplate, consider or so much as wink about. However perhaps everyone should do it at least once in their lifetime. Or maybe fifty times just to get it right. I am not sure that it can be done correctly. Not now. Oh sure, at some time far far away, a long time ago, in some far distant land, somebody had it right. But now that I think about it, we, all of us, had better figure out a way to get it right.

What?

Last Tuesday I worked as a election day polling agent.  The entire day. All of it.

Nine votes were cast. 


It was a long, tedious process with so much redundancy if someone were to try and commit voter fraud he would have to do it in triplicate. And then the fraud plan would need to be placed in a large envelop, to be sealed by a plastic seal, then a paper seal and then in a larger purple envelop before attaching the return receipt signed by both party representation and finally packing the assemblage in the blue suitcase. (The legendary blue suitcase has been in every election since 1964. No one knows what it is for so it continues to be used.)

Obviously I got home and recovered as I am typing about the event. And yes, I plan to do it again. After all, I have to see if we ever break into double digits.

1 comment:

  1. Sad - sad truth of American voting places. I'm sure NYC is even more of an oddity. People are busy - too busy to vote? hmm.

    ReplyDelete