Saturday, May 5, 2012

3 Snippets

He asked me to teach him about God's will for his life. 

It was somewhat like being kicked in the stomach by a Mac truck. With all that stuff God said about false teaching--this really scares me.

But then again, I don't have to be scared. I'm not doing the teaching. Phew, what a relief. And if I really think hard about, the will of God is pretty easy...He wants everybody to be saved.

His will in a nutshell. Go tell somebody else this amazing news.

So what do I tell this guy? Nothing I guess, looks like he already knows.

I'll just love on him, pray for him and just be there.

What he saw in me in the first place caused him to ask the question. God'll do the talking.

Dear readers, please pray for me, most of the time I get in the way.


Nothing to do with spiritual stuff...um

Apartment meeting; about 13 did not show up. Four of us did and began to take apart a letter we had been working on for months. It wasn't five minutes before we were looking to each other, seeking one or another to take the lead in this failing endeavor. Then the circling began, round and round we went, charging villains not present of dastardly but deserved behaviors.

It was all for not. The meeting adjourned. Nothing of worth happened. My husband and I quarreled after it was over sure that the other did not take the high road.

Was it a waste of time?

A bitter individual, a Tarrah card reader, a befuddle housewife and well meaning but ineffective male locked horns over a dead cause unwilling to let go.

When is it time to give in or stand up and be counted?

Its been over a week and I've heard nothing...um


Dear readers, please pray for me, most of the time I get in the way.


And this is church folks--

True, last week on 181st in Washington Heights while on patrol...

She was a waitress, tired probably, lonely and with more shift to come.With a sigh and exclaiming to no one in a whispered voice, "I'm useless."

He heard her, stood up and said, "you are not useless." He hugged her. After a brief shock, she hugged back.

He went back on patrol and assumed that she finished her shift.







No comments:

Post a Comment